Sunday, March 7, 2010

Entering March

Entering March, there are a few important things to the Champlain student.

1. Spring is here.
2. Spring break is here.
3. No students are here.

Spring Break is perhaps my favorite time of the year, because this is when Burlington’s weather starts to reach perfect.

On-campus students have gone home, as the dorms are closed for Spring Break. Students living in International House, though, are able to stay at their dorms, due to their special circumstances.

Sidewalks piled with snow are now green and dry. It’s a wonderful season, spring. Red Rocks, as I mentioned earlier, is somewhere I am dying to go to soon.

Another thing that I’m excited about is the Study Abroad Program Champlain offers. Many students choose to study abroad their Junior year and this is the time when applications are rolling in. I think that it’s a wonderful opportunity and very glad the Champlain has continuously expanded their efforts in offering a global education. I, however, will not be participating in the program as I am already studying abroad.

On another note, my Macbook Pro has recently taken an unfortunate hit, so I will need to be making a quick trip to SmallDogs, which is the local Apple store. Hopefully, this means that they will be able to return my computer back quickly.

Surprisingly though, even though most students have gone back home, downtown Burlington is still very busy, as I have witnessed this morning. So, do not fear of being lonely – there’s always something going on down at Church Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment