Friday, February 19, 2010

A Warmer Burlington

While walking home from class, I realized something.

This year’s winter was terrible.

Even my roommates are inclined to agree that this year’s winter was not even close to what it should have been. It seems that all the storms that should have hit us went south.

For me, I can’t wait for spring to come. Warm weather here entails a few things. First and foremost is Red Rocks, a popular cliff-diving spot. On a hot day, Red Rocks is filled with people - everyone eager to jump into Lake Champlain. For those who seek challenges, there is a 76-foot jump and a 60-foot jump. Fear not if you a beginner though, Red Rocks has an excellent span of jump difficulties. The 40-foot jump is definitely the most popular jump out there, but there are lower spots that are quite popular too.

If cliff jumping doesn’t suit your interests, North Beach is an alternative popular spot for students. The beach is clean and offers a clear view of the sunset over Lake Champlain.
And let me tell you one thing: Lake Champlain has the best sunset ever. Anyone who has seen it will immediately agree with me. Over time, I’ve discovered some of the best spots to get a complete panoramic view of the sunset:
1. Waterfront – There are benches available on the boardwalk, or you can choose to sit on the grass. Great place to throw a ball around too.
2. Champlain College MIC Library has a balcony on the 3rd floor that gives an awesome view of the sunset.
3. From what I hear, some classrooms in Champlain’s Foster Hall have a very nice view of the sunset too. One of my roommates tells me that people have trouble focusing in afternoon classes held there.

If you are coming to Burlington, grab your camera, that’s all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment