Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Greetings!



“讀萬卷書不如行萬里路”
In Chinese, there is a saying that goes like this:
“Rather than reading a thousand texts, one should walk a thousand miles”
In essence, it means that travelling and experiencing places is better than just reading about them.

This is my second year studying at Champlain College, a liberal-arts college located in Burlington, Vermont. For me, Burlington presents a completely different environment that I am used to. But I am truthfully enjoying it right now!
I want to share my experience to those who are considering studying abroad. It is a wonderful chance to try something completely different.

This being my second year, I have completely adjusted to living in Burlington. Burlington is quite a young and energetic city (however small it is). Perhaps this is because there are many students in the area, but the local residents are just as active in organizing events.
Students around here mostly take advantage of winter by skiing or snow boarding in the mountains nearby. The flagship store of Burton, the snowboard makers, is located nearby, so snowboarding is the hobby. It’s a great sport but personally I like skiing. I haven’t been able to go up the mountain much, but definitely will soon. Powdery snow is one of the greatest Vermont products!
Anyway, I hope my posts will encourage others to study abroad. Adjusting to life at Champlain College is easy. Burlington has just enough to be a unique culture, but it is also a city that keeps every individual happy.


Picture: A view on Stowe. Taken by Brian Mozill

1 comment:

  1. hey there! i am also considering studying in Champlain, Vermont, and i have tons of questions. but most importantly, do you know how i can contact them via email beacause am an international student but on their website they only have the 'request information' for US residents only. so can you give me their contact email address for international students if you know it? thanx

    ReplyDelete